Saturday, December 24, 2011

I just ordered the Google phone from TMobile...what all should i expect with this phone? Pros and Cons pleas?

I got the plan with umlimited web and txt messaging. It should arrive monday.|||Good for you.... Any time I get a new phone or if i am intrested in a new phone i go to www.phonescoop.com. what a site that is. Besides I think T-Mobile has a section on the G1 Take a look and try it out. Have fun.|||Good question, but it should have been asked prior to ordering the phone. You have 14 days to return the phone if you don't like it. I suggest you use it all day everyday. Then make a decision.|||My main gripe with the G1 is the email and SMS notifications. The G1 has the ability to play a notification tone whenever you receive a new email or SMS which is fantastic! However, I receive email at all hours and would prefer if the notifications were time based (i.e. - Notification tone could be set to only play between 7am and 10pm). Turning the phone off is not an option, as I am on-call 24/7. As of now if I want an audible notification I must set my notification ringtone for Email and SMS when I get up in the AM, and reset it to silent before I go to bed. What a pain in the ***! I no longer use audible notification for email/SMS.


It's a fairly large/heavy phone which doesn't bother me, but may bother some. Some of the apps eat battery (i.e. - Locale is a fantastic app, but my battery life is halved when running). Go ahead and order a screen protector!





Other than these relatively minor gripes, I have enjoyed this phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment